For many business owners in the Inland Empire, there seems to be a very casual or even a complacent attitude when it comes to cybersecurity and protecting their business data. This lack of attention or not taking the threat of cyber-attack seriously can be what puts them out of business.
We don’t mean to be fear mongering, but the facts about hackers disrupting businesses is very real. In the last year, two thirds of small and medium businesses have experienced a cybersecurity breach of some kind. Of those small and medium businesses that get attacked almost 80% of them are out of business with- in two years.
Here is a typical scenario:
- Loss of business immediately after the attack (Denial of Service of some kind.)
- Large, unexpected expenditures of money to respond and recover from the attack.
- Loss of immediate customers, then loss of reputation compounding the public relations nightmare and continued loss of business revenue.
- Insurance company refuses to pay out the cybersecurity insurance claim, because the company did not meet IT requirements in the Errors and Omissions requirements. (ouch!)
- Unexpected IT costs to remove technical debt and move company’s IT system into a healthy secure position.
- State of California fines for noncompliance and not providing “reasonable protection” (CIS Controls), of peoples Personally Identifiable Information (PII) draining more money and resources. (OUCH!!)
If you are stuck, apathetic or you just don’t know where to start, please give us a call at 951-319-4080. We will help uncover what you need to know about your IT system and recommend the appropriate steps to get your business data protected before a cyber-criminal attacks.